E-government is also called e-governance, namely the application of information technology, communications on government functions and procedures to increase efficiency and transparency, and enhancing citizen participation. This definition illustrates how ICT can be used as a support tool for the development of good governance. Efficiency in the accomplishment of government functions, as well as improving and accelerating processes and procedures and increasing the quality of public services, as well as developing decision-making processes, Various government offices.
Objectives of e-government There are many objectives of e-government, the most important of which are:
• Creating a better business environment. The use of ICT in the government helps simplify interaction and interaction between the government sector and the business sector.
• Promoting good governance, transparency, broadening public participation in policy-making and decision-making to contribute to the fight against corruption, and e-government itself does not end corruption but is accompanied by mechanisms that make the conduct of government actions clearer. Improving the productivity and efficiency of government agencies, increasing the productivity of public servants, reducing public expenditures by reducing the number of offices and paper consumption.
• Provide benefits to citizens and public administration at a number of levels, as good income can be obtained through data collection and transfer to stakeholders.
• Improving the quality of life in communities in need of care, as modern communication technologies allow the government access to marginalized groups, empower them, involve them in the political process, and provide them with goods and services.
Benefits of e-government The eGovernment has advantages and benefits, including the following:
• Promoting inclusive governance E-government contributes to building trust between governments and citizens by using Internet strategies to engage citizens in the political process, demonstrating government transparency.
• Increased ease and speed of implementation Easy paper minimization, the use of technology means the exchange of information and ideas among government agencies, and facilitates access to government decisions and policies, as e-government grants all citizens access to information.
• Increasing the level of operational efficiency Citizens are concerned about the efficiency of the services provided, as measured by the effectiveness of governments in the quality of their dealings with citizens, and this has become possible with the advent of e-government.
• Reducing government administrative costs E-government is very effective in terms of cost reduction. For example, a case can be polled at very low cost, as well as data collection and other government functions without excessive costs.
Assist. instructor Hayder Sabeeh Hadi